Ambrosia studios is a block of studios at Makriyalos of Crete (35°02'21.28"N 25°58'52.34E). The village is situated on south eastern coast of the biggest Greek island. It’s famous not only of the beautiful beaches on the Libyan sea, but also for the unspoiled Cretan nature. Google Earth File .kmz Find us on Google Maps
It’s found between the towns of Ierapetra and Sitia and it is 120klm away from Heraklion International Airport (HER). It is easy for someone to get there from the airport or the Heraklion port either by car (it takes approx 1 and half hour) or by using the local transport.
Mrs Chrisoula Kanavaki and her husband Themistokles, will welcome you to Ambrosia studios hoping to enjoy some rest hours and they will make you to come back many times.
Ambrosia studios are certified by the Greek National Tourism Organisation.
• BEACH 10m
• TRAVEL AGENCY 200m (2 min walk)
-Sea & Land Excursions
• BEACH WATERSPORTS 100m (1 min walk)
• VILLAGE CENTER 300m (4 min walk)
• HARBOR OF Makriyalos 2Km (3 min drive)
• Ierapetra 27Km (30 min drive)
• Sitia 37Km (45 min drive)
• Heraklion International Airport 120Km (1,45 hour drive)
• Local Sitia Airport (Domestic Flights) 37klm (45 min drive)
• Local Bus service (50 meters from Analipsi bus-stop)
• Super Market 200m (2 min walk)
Apart from the big towns of Ierapetra and Sitia which are worth visiting for their Venetian castles, also the visitors have to get at the famous and unique palm trees forest of Vai, at the monasteries of Toplou (Panagia Akrotiriani, 14th cent.) and Kapsa, at the archaeological sites of Zakros and Gournia and of course at the nearby mountain villages.
If you are looking something more than quite holidays from one place, you can organize one day excursions to Festos, Knossos, Aghios Nicolaos and the famous small islands of Spinalonga, Gaidouronisi (Chrisi island), Koyfonisi and the plateau of Lassithi.
Discover traditional taverns and enjoy local dishes with the unique taste of Cretan cuisine and the hospitality of Cretan people.